It’s not easy to prevent “people-pleasing” from altering our parenting decisions, but it’s vital if you want to launch confident Christian kids into a further uncertain world. If you’re really honest with yourself you’ll likely see areas you cave to pressure by others to make inferior choices. Multiple inferior decisions made for the sake of pleasing others over time will likely accumulate into inferior fruitfulness compared to what’s possible. It’s not easy to be a courageous parent, but it’s required in this increasingly fallen world. Tune into to get practical advice and encouragement to stand strong and make the best decisions for your family even when it goes against what looks normal around you.
- In the moment do you make parenting decisions with pressure to please people or to please God?
- Don’t be a people-pleasing parent
- Don’t be a people-pleasing Citizen
- Lead your family
- The difference between righteous and self-righteous
- Righteous = Acting in accord with divine or moral law: free from guilt or sin
- Self-righteous = Convinced of one’s own righteousness especially in contrast with actions and beliefs of others.
Scriptures in this episode:
Galatians 1:10 “For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,”
Psalm 85:8-10 “Let me hear what God the Lord will speak,for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints; but let them not turn back to folly. Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him, that glory may dwell in our land Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.”
1 Thessalonians 2:4 “but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.”
Weekly Tip and Date Night One Sheet SUBSCRIBE HERE