If you asked your kids “what is Easter about?”, what would they say? Think about the outcome you want, that actually happens in the minds and hearts of your kids during Easter. Is it only the love for candy, Easter egg hunt… or is it also and most importantly the power of what Jesus did for them and the realities of His resurrection? In this episode, we are giving you practical insights and resources we’ve used over the years that have made a difference.
We are also going to equip you with conversation starters for your marriage to re-evaluate your vision for holidays with the purpose of making God real to your kids.
VIDEO OF THE EPISODE (Subscribe on Rumble)
It’s so easy to get caught up in the consumerism and the normal Christian Easter, but who are the God authorized leaders of your kids? You. In addition to the Church service and a prayer at a nice meal it’s vital they hear what Easter is about from you!
Here’s an easy first step; ask yourself why you do the things you do around Easter.
What we really want is to create signature experiences that have a lasting spiritual impact.
It’s important to bring the Bible to life during this season. We encourage you to have fun thinking about what you want to teach your kids.
Here Are Some Ideas:
- Don’t call it Easter, instead call it Resurrection Sunday. Word choice is powerful.
- Buy them new Bibles or valuable books that talk about the Resurrection.
- Focus on the death and resurrection of Jesus the week prior.
- It’s more than a day but a season of opportunities to teach them about God.
- Watch the movie, The Passion of the Christ together, there’s also an animated version too for the small ones.
- Make sure you are learning more yourselves so you can pass more on to them as the years go by.
- Use scripture coming from your mouth, you have the greatest influence on them.
- Use scripture to share the evidence that the resurrection is real; He was seen by over 500 people.
- Do an experiment in mason jars showing how yeast grows.
- Use it as a time to audit ourselves about sin in our lives and discuss what sin is.
- Create experiences, a few of the ones we’ve done are; a traditional seder, a ceremonial washing of the kid’s feet, using resurrection eggs, and having communion together.
Just take one or two ideas from this and add to it each year.
Scriptures In This Episode
Romans 14:13 “Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.”
1 Corinthians 15:1-8 “Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you–unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.”
1 corinthians 5:7-8 “Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”
John 20:26-28 “And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- FREE COURAGEOUS PARENTING WORKSHOP – A quick but powerful online workshop on how to be a courageous parent. (This is completely free)
- Blog Posts that List all of the books mentioned
- Using The Easter Egg To Teach About Christ
- Easter Parenting Resources
- Easy Passover Recipes Your Kids Will Love To Make
- Incorporating A Messianic Passover In Your Easter Traditions
- An Easter Tradition That Decorates Your Home And Creates A Project
- What Is A Messianic Passover And Why Do We Celebrate It
- Parenting Mentor Program, a 6-Week, self- paced online program giving you the Biblical Parenting Model
- CourageousMom.com is a blog with tons of free resources as well as best-selling courses and the top Christian Pregnancy and Birth book, “Redeeming Childbirth”
- Courageous Mom Essentials, join Angie’s team with Young Living!
- Send an email to [email protected] if you’d like to financially support the ministry
Thank you for being part of this movement to equip 1 million families and their legacies with Biblical truth to raise confident Christian kids in an uncertain world.