You may or may not know that we have been in a difficult situation over the last eight months but we are happy to share that it has been resolved and share all the details in this episode.
Context on what this is about:
- About 8 months ago an online influencer who is a self-proclaimed leader in the progressive Christian movement did a podcast episode that included our family.
- We filed a lawsuit against the podcaster for defamation.
- We are happy to share that we’ve mutually agreed to solve this together and want to share the outcome with you all.
- When the episode came out we promptly responded by giving a written statement in an effort to solve it amicably.
- In it, we led by saying “We listened to the entire episode and our hearts go out to Stelle. It is devastating for us to hear her testimony. If what Stelle is describing happened, it is horrendous and tragic, it is clear she is very hurt and our heart hurts for her. It is the opposite of what we believe regarding marriage and parenting. It’s also not what exists within our family culture.”
We are so thankful for so many of your prayers, encouragement, and financial support during the last eight months as we worked on this. We couldn’t have done it without you.
We’ve never let life circumstances detour us from the mission God has us on, and so we pressed on in ministry while working on solving this. Despite the heavy costs of time, stress, opportunity cost, relationships, and financial burden, it was worth it.
We feel good about the outcomes that were achieved:
- We worked together and mutually agreed to final statements by both parties about the situation.
- Both parties are required to do a podcast reading our respective statements.
- Neither party can disparage the other, otherwise face a fine per incidence
Here are the mutually agreed upon public statements:
“We are pleased to announce that we and Brenda Davies have mutually agreed to put our differences aside and resolve the litigation between us. This decision came after much deliberation, prayer, and communication between us.
Our intent was always towards truth and resolution. Brenda has confirmed that her video was not designed to accuse us of child abuse or to insinuate that we knew Stelle, her family or her siblings before Stelle was an adult.
To be clear, as we’ve stated from the beginning, we’ve never read, or taught any of the Pearl’s teachings on parenting and, were never mentored by the Jacobsons in marriage and parenting, and didn’t know Stelle, her family or her siblings until she was an adult.
We have learned a lot from this experience and are thankful for all the prayerful encouragement and financial support we received from both our online and real-life community. We are also thankful for God’s grace to help us be compassionate towards one another and reach a productive path forward.”
“For those who are aware of the existing lawsuit between Angie and Isaac Tolpin and I, I wanted to inform you that after much deliberation and communication, we have agreed to put our differences aside and end the litigation between us.
To be clear, I do not believe the “We Did It Out of Love” video accused the Tolpins of being involved in the alleged abuse of Stelle Jacobson (no relation to the Tolpins) nor of physically abusing their own children – nor was it intended as such.
Although I do not believe it was directly addressed, I also want to make clear that Isaac and Angie didn’t know Stelle, her family or her siblings until Stelle was an adult.
I am incredibly grateful to everyone who contributed to my legal fees and supported me and Stelle through this difficult process. We are glad that this is now behind us.”
We have zero expectations that our lives will be comfortable or get any easier with the speed of change happening in the world as we work to share the Gospel and Biblical truth. But isn’t that what Paul talked about and exemplified with his life?
We would love your continued prayers, appreciate the encouragement, and would absolutely embrace any financial support to help us finish out our legal fees, the remaining of which are $27,483.86. If the spirit prompts you, here’s the link.
We are so happy this is over so we can spend more energy on new resources to help parents and glad we are able to share a positive outcome with you all. We are praising God for His goodness.
Weekly Tip and Date Night One Sheet SUBSCRIBE HERE
New platforms to connect with the Tolpin’s:
MAKE SURE, you are on our email list so we can let you know where we are based on quickly changing realities
- COURAGEOUS PARENTING https://mewe.com/p/courageousparenting
- ISAAC TOLPIN https://mewe.com/i/isaactolpin1
- RESOLUTE MAN https://mewe.com/p/resoluteman
Gab.com: (not an app)
- COURAGEOUS PARENTING https://gab.com/COURAGEOUSPARENTING
- COURAGEOUS MOM https://gab.com/CourageousMom
- ISAAC TOLPIN https://gab.com/ISAACTOLPIN
Rumble: (Search and you will find us)
- COURAGEOUS PARENTING
- ISAAC TOLPIN
Parler: (When it’s back online)
- Join Angie’s Young Living Team & Get access to her 15 video Essential Oils Course and More
- FREE! Healthy Home Mom Hacks Workshop: Herbs, Oils, Supplements, & Clean Homes
The Homeschooling Blueprint, the online program to boost your effectiveness & help your kids thrive.
Parenting Mentor Program, A 6-Week, self-paced online program giving you the Biblical Parenting Model
Postpartum Course, The First-Ever Christian Postpartum Course!
- FREE Courageous Parenting Workshop; Get the Parenting Packet Download!
Support The Ministry
- DONATE, to become a bigger part of shifting the culture of future generations through impacting 1 million families and their legacies. We are in full-time ministry as a family of 10, everything makes a difference.
Thank you for being part of this movement to equip 1 million families and their legacies with Biblical truth to raise confident Christian kids in an uncertain world.