Welcome to the first episode of the Courageous Parenting Podcast with an aim of having a deep impact on one million families and their future legacies with The Biblical Parenting Model.
There’s a need for fresh biblical resources that have practical wisdom on how to handle the parenting issues in today’s uncertain world. We hope you will share this podcast with others as it’s the spearhead for the ministry’s impact.
This episode is about visioneering for parents in the new year. It’s so important whether you have a new baby, 1, or 2-year-old or a 14-year-old. No matter what your kid’s ages are, vision is crucial.
One of the questions we answer in this episode is, “How to keep motivated at doing mundane tasks well as a Mom for a long period of time faithfully.”
Key Takeaways From This Episode
- What should one do if they aren’t a visionary?
- Being a visionary is required if you are married and/or have kids.
- You must see into the future of what we want, that’s God-honoring in order to take the right parenting actions today
- If you don’t have vision, your family is left to wander in the wilderness of culture.
- It’s vital to take off the rose-tinted glasses and be honest about the strengths and weaknesses in your kids and your parenting.
- Things are either improving or digressing, there’s no in between.
- The importance of preaching to yourself as a mom. You must lead yourself while you are in the trenches of parenting.
- If you don’t have vision for why you are doing what you’re doing in the moment, then you will just do them as mundane things, and they’ll eat at your heart. But if you are reminding yourself of the great vision it changes everything!
- Seek God and ask Him what he wants for your family in the new year.
- How to do a visioneering date with your spouse (Must listen for this)!
- Start by reviewing this last year with honest reflection about the behaviors and heart attitudes of your kids. Also, reflect on where they are at in their relationship with God and identify what needs to be improved about your leadership.
- Words from parents are powerful, often more powerful then we realize. We cover this topic more in the 2nd episode.
- When families don’t have vision, their families perish.
- What’s the purpose of parenting? (Must listen)
Scripture From This Episode
Proverbs 16:9 “A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.”
Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law.”
Thank you for being part of this movement to equip 1 million families and their legacies with Biblical truth to raise Confident Christian kids in an uncertain world.
-Isaac & Angie Tolpin